Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's always about YOU..


“Go away..”, I say, to these times that are prevailing
the state of us being together, that these days are curtailing
I say it helplessly to the time, to the eternity
As against the currents and winds, my happiness is sailing
It is then when I give up to the belligerent winds
That you fill my heart and bones and make me sing
The complex tune of honey & brine, flowers & butterflies, death & life, good times & these times……

And So, You become the cutting contrast
That brings out the stark difference between the white & black, the happy & sad
You’re the silver lining between this land & the blue grey sky
You’re the one that makes me want to live even beyond this life
Tell me how do you cut me so softly into a lovable one?
How do you manage to bring peace in this wild town of my mind that burns?
But then as you control the fire, you deluge me as your thoughts  flood my mind
and then I remember your touch as your skin against mine rubs,
only if I could contain you all this while
only if I could be with you, all day and night…

You perhaps don’t even know as certain facts evade my understanding too
That how you’ve taken over all the aspects of my relations in this world that exist
You’re my friend and my competitor,
You’re my student and my teacher
You’re my guide and my lover
You’re my veil and my mirror
Your absence becomes poison, and your presence an elixir……
But then somehow even without the explanation, I’m more happy than bewildered!

So as this moment gains the weight and I feel sinking deep down the water
I remember those moments that we had spent together when the days were brighter
I close my eyes and I enter the gates of my parallel universe
Where you’re there with me before and after the dinners
And then your weight on me lifts all the burden
your eyes strike me every time like bullets from gun
they pierce me and the pain inside me gushes out
you make me as white and calm as a white flower
Tell me, how do you do it with such ease and indomitable power?

But then I wake up as the ‘present tense’ orders me to, of which I’ve to be a minion
I see the fresh flowers of  our yesterdays that were once bestowed upon us
now lay on the ground, dried; at times I feel they are in complete oblivion
and then you ask me to clean it up and that it’s such a mess
I pick a flower and preserve it in a book, as those days’ dried yet redolent reminiscence………..

 I take a walk down some street alone..
Abandoning those lanes on which our shadows together once strolled
But then I reach one of the crossroads where our lives intertwine
So as I meet you, you show me your book, looking at which my heart smiles
You too have kept some of those flowers and as the rest lay fresh in your heart
I promise you that I’ll never let those flowers dry
I’ll bestow them with all the required ingredients to nourish them
And In this garden of your heart I’ll grow other colors too
All you have to do is, in my heart, keep pumping this life
As I’m from You, since I started the walk in search of You…







Image source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Its-Always-about-You/785280

80 comments:

  1. Lovely! Is the You God? Excellent description of the lover! You have woven the words beautifully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. umh..you want to know about the lover?!!
      well all i can say is that the description in the poem completely suits him!!

      Delete
  2. seriously, your poem is awesome. its so deep and meaningful. when is your next post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome... I would like to call it poetry though and not just a poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!..Thank you Rajrupa for such lovely comment..keep reading :)

      Delete
  4. You really have some talent with regard to writing poetry, just awesome...what can I say...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Prashanth..Thank you so much..it feels great to be appreciated :):)

      Delete
  5. Sakshi Ma'am...every time you write, its always new...always different...always beautiful.... keep it up...great going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Shubham..and very time you speak, it's always encouraging, always heartening :)
      keep reading :)

      Delete
  6. Hey Sakshi.. Awsome poem dedicated to someone ;) Seriously, its wonderful and lovely poem... Loved it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sakshi..!! HOW do you do this..!! I mean its actually awesome..!!
    Really amazing..!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saumya :)
      You know how poems are written by themselves, they just choose a writer, at times it's you, other times it's me!! ;)

      Delete
  8. Very beautiful thoughts in action over here !! Great work indeed ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can understand the efforts that you had put through to carve this beautiful masterpiece...its one of the best poems I have read till now...so elaborate and meaningful...delicate yet sharp...i loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb lines, it makes me remember woody allen movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) never watched woody allen movie..will have to watch one to understand the connection..!!
      keep reading!!

      Delete
  11. Quite Different from what i write. Good part in my case is, i can be careless about spell and grammer :). Neat stuff. will visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful lines...:-)
    Award waiting for you..:-)
    http://ahomemakersutopia.blogspot.in/2012/06/awards-galore.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Sakshi,

    You will be glad to know that after thumping success hamarivani.com, which is a unique rendezvous of Hindi bloggers and readers spread all over world, we are feeling jubilant to introduce of Bloggiri.com.

    At Bloggiri, your blog will get a huge horizon of new readers to share thoughts and ideas with you, because your blog is just reflection of your soul and inner beautiful.

    Now what are you thinking, just submit your blog at Bloggiri.com and give a new meaning to your life.

    Happy Blogging!

    Team Bloggiri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well well well, there are quite a lot of balls in the basket I wonder,Lovely beautiful matserpiece.

    Cheers,

    SonaLee Desai



    http://lolalyf.blogspot.in

    http://shonadesai.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent poem. The words flow beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Positive thinking.It reflects from your heart. An orator is made, a poet is born

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you:) positive thinking and hope it is..poetry merely makes those feelings tangible.
      keep reading :):)

      Delete
  17. Awesomely written.. Just loved it.. Shared it with my friend as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You :)
      I hope your friend liked it too..!! thank you again for sharing :)

      Delete
  18. "Your absence becomes poison, and your presence an elixir……" wat an expression of love...
    Beautful it is...!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi Shakshi,
    This is awesome, lovable, adorable..brilliant piece of words..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nicely written & expressed Sakshi :)
    "As I’m from You, since I started the walk in search of You"
    What a fitting conclusion to the piece. Bravo. Keep posting Sakshi :D

    Regards

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi..thank you :)
      and I visited your blog..a very cool layout and some interesting content I went through..good going..!!

      Delete
  21. "You are the one that makes me want to live beyond this life..." Wow! Salute your love. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  22. AWWW..lovely poem! so deep and intense.. love it! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such beautiful lines and so deep a thought , that was very lovely.

    Oh congrats on the award that you just got :)

    Pages Off Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much..great to see your comment here :)
      keep reading..!!

      Delete
  24. "You too have kept some of those flowers and as the rest lay fresh in your heart
    I promise you that I’ll never let those flowers dry" Ho w do you know some years before I said this to somone

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey
    you are doing a wonderful job Sakshi. Keep writing. Trust me, you have a way with words that's pretty unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sudha..thanks a lot :)
      And it feels great to hear something like that..pretty encouraging it is :)

      Delete
  26. Damn beautiful sakshi ,love it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Its beautiful the way you wove words in to a narration, a narration into poem and poem into a beautiful expression! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sakshi this is very profound-someone is going to be very pleased to have inspired it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Brilliant piece of work... (www.photoblog.ajeethboaz.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ajeeth :)
      and I went through your site..beautiful pics you have posted there..specially 'waiting for the next swim'.

      Delete
  30. Well composed and well presented piece, but sorry to note that the background and the fonts definitely gives eye strain to your readers, especially people like me. Pl. change the color of the background or the font color, I want to read more here but alas!!! I am running away from here. sorry to say this. Keep writing.
    Best regards
    Philip Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback..I'll look into the matter to make the reading experience better in general..thank you for visiting the page.

      Delete
  31. wonderful poem with more wonderful words and to add to it most beautiful feelings .......your poem touched me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. m glad it touched you..that was the essence of the poem..!!
      keep reading :)

      Delete
  32. Girl! You are intense with your words. I loved it to the core. "Abandoning those lanes on which our shadows together once strolled" This, cuts straight through...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chintan..Thanks a lot :)
      M glad it reached to the core..!!
      Keep reading :)

      Delete
  33. reading this late.. And I am awe-inspired.. This one is so so so nice and you have a great flow of words with coherence...

    All you have to do is, in my heart, keep pumping this life
    As I’m from You, since I started the walk in search of You…

    These two lines just brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harikrishna

      I too am reading this comment this late :p
      And I'm wondering how could i miss such a fantastic comment!!
      Such comments always propel me to write more and more :)
      Keep Reading and your comments are always awaited :)

      Delete